- an OpenSource software package
Automated Quantitative Spectroscopic Analysis Combining Background Subtraction, Cosmic-Ray Removal and Peak Fitting programmed in LabVIEW
The following suites are available as executeables (folder bin) or LabVIEW VI source code (folder applications)
- The Spectrum Processing Suite
The entire analysis procedure including cosmic ray removal, astigmatism correction, background subtraction, and peak intensity extraction is integrated into a single processing package. The corresponding VI name is Spectrum-Processing-Suite.vi
- The Astigmatism Array Creation Suite
For the correction of spectrometer astigmatism once a correction array has to be created which can be done by this suite. The corresponding VI name is Astigmatism-array-creator.vi
The following subVIs are available as LabVIEW VI source code (folder subVIs)
- Characterisation-Suite-(Astigmatism)-VI.vi: Calculates the astigmatism array (is executed by the Astigmatism Array Creation Suite)
- Copyright-VI.vi: Shows the copyright information
- Correction-(Astigmatism)-2D-VI.vi: Applies the astigmatism correction from a previously calculated astigmatism array
- Dialog-Astigm-VI.vi: Shows dialog in Spectrum Processing Suite for tuning settings of astigmatism correction
- Dialog-DeadPixel-VI.vi: Shows dialog in Spectrum Processing Suite for tuning settings of dead pixel removal
- Dialog-Median-VI.vi: Shows dialog in Spectrum Processing Suite for tuning settings of median baseline correction
- Dialog-ROI-VI.vi: Shows dialog in Spectrum Processing Suite for tuning settings of the region of interest
- Dialog-SCARF-VI.vi: Shows dialog in Spectrum Processing Suite for tuning settings of background removal
- Dialog-ShapeFit-VI.vi: Shows dialog in Spectrum Processing Suite for tuning settings of the ShapeFit
- Dialog-TCRR-VI.vi: Shows dialog in Spectrum Processing Suite for tuning settings of cosmic ray removal
- Gaussian-w-offset-VI.vi: Auxilliary for the Characterisation-Suite-(Astigmatism)-VI.vi
- Load-Fit-Settings-VI.vi: Auxilliary for ShapeFit in Spectrum Processing Suite
- Load-Input-Files-VI.vi: Auxilliary for Spectrum Processing Suite
- PeakCalc-VI.vi: Auxilliary for ShapeFit
- Preview-window-VI.vi: Auxilliary for Spectrum Processing Suite
- Remove-Dead-Pixels-VI.vi: Removal of dead pixel in spectra
- Save-Fit-Settings-VI.vi: Auxilliary for ShapeFit in Spectrum Processing Suite
- SCARF-VI.vi: Background removal by Savitzky-Golay Adaptive Rolling Circle Filter (SCARF)
- ShapeFit-VI.vi: Peak-Fitting by ShapeFit
- SimSpec_(ShapeFit)-VI.vi: Auxilliary for ShapeFit
- Sum-Spectrum-VI.vi: Summing of 2D-spectra to obtain 1D-spectra
- TCRR-VI.vi: Temporal Cosmic Ray Removal (TCRR)
This package contains extensive documentation: a copy of the paper submitted to Applied Spectroscopy, the corresponding "Supplemental Material" to paper with detailed description of all methods, extensive help files, samples files and a tutorial.
All applications and subVI contained in the "Spectools" are free software and licensed under terms of the GNU General Public License.
The applications and subVI in this software package are the supplement of a publication in Applied Spectroscopy. If you have used this software for scientific or other purposes the please cite the following paper: T. M. James, M. Schlösser, R. J. Lewis, S. Fischer, B. Bornschein, and H. H. Telle, "Automated Quantitative Spectroscopic Analysis Combining Background Subtraction, Cosmic-Ray Removal and Peak Fitting", Applied Spectroscopy, 2012 (Volume and Issue will be supplied soon!)
The latest version of the Spectool package can be obtained from the sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/spectools/
LabVIEW version support
Current package version
SpecTools Version 1.1.0
In order to execute the binaries a run-time engine for LabVIEW 2009 needs to be installed. The run-time engines can be downloaded from National Instruments. Run-time engines are available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.
Supported LabVIEW versions: LV9.0 (2009)
4. July 2012
- Help files added
- Minor changes to tutorial
28. June 2012
- Minor changes to Spectrum Processing Suite (Astigmastim correction with ROI in batch mode fixed and some visual details)
- Tutorial and further sample files added
Missing: help files
26. June 2012
- Load Spectrum VI changed(to enable single spectrum operation when TCRR is deactivated)
- Astigmatism creator spectrum save-format unified.
- Astigmatism correction with ROI enabled.
- Tuning dialog updated.
- Minor changes to Spectrum Processing Suite
- Documentation added
Missing: Tutorial; help files
19. June 2012
- Single/batch processing bug in Spectrum processing suite fixed.
- Copyright information added to all VIs.
- Sample files added
Missing: Tutorial; copy of paper and supplementary materials; help files;
18. June 2012
Missing: Tutorial and sample files; copy of paper and supplementary materials; help files;